Medical Student Information
please read the following information carefully:
- Students are responsible for identifying their own mentors from a list of approved sponsor sites listed on the AAP website. The website will be continuously updated as new sponsor sites enroll. Applications will not be accepted unless the sponsor site has been approved prior to the student’s application. Sponsor sites will continue to be added through January 2017.
- Each student must make contact with designated persons at sponsor sites and devise a 3 page proposal (excluding references) after communicating with an approved mentor.
- Students may submit only one application and research proposal for the 2017 program.
- We encourage applications from students wishing to work with mentors outside of their own institutions.
- The student must be enrolled in an accredited medical school in the United States.
- The sponsor site must be in the United States or Canada.
- The primary mentor listed must be an MD and/or PhD who holds a primary faculty appointment in a PM&R Dept. at that institution. The goal is to give the student exposure to research in an academic PM&R practice.
- Each student will receive a $4,000 stipend for summer research at an approved sponsor site and additional travel and registration expenses to cover travel to the AAP Annual Meeting. This stipend will be released in installments, and students will receive the full amount only when completion of their project is confirmed by their mentor.
- The program is offered to all medical students but may be most applicable for first year students.
- Students are responsible for making their own housing arrangements and travel to/from their summer research institution.
- Each student must commit to a project that will last eight consecutive weeks and begin over the summer and agree to present their findings at the following AAP Annual Meeting held February 11-17, 2018.
Or contact AAP Member Services Manager Amy Schnappinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Participate in the RREMS Program
The AAP accepts applications for site sponsors and medical students for participation in RREMS on the following schedule:
RREMS 2017 Dates
Fall 2016- Open for 2017 Site Sponsor Applications
December 2016 - Open for 2017 Student Applications
January 2017 - Deadline for 2017 Site Sponsor Applications
February 2017 - Deadline for 2017 Student Applications